Irving COMPRESSOR OILS are specially made for the proper lubrication of a wide variety of air compressor types. The combination of top quality mineral base oils and special additives provides long oil and compressor life even in the toughest conditions.
Irving COMPRESSOR OILS provide excellent wear protection without the use of zinc-based additives. This is an advantage with some screw-type compressors where the zinc can encourage deposits on the housing wall. Irving COMPRESSOR OILS do not contain the dispersants typically found in engine oils and so show very little tendency to foam or form emulsions when water is present.
Irving COMPRESSOR OILS have excellent resistance to oxidation and the formation of deposits even when working at discharge temperatures as high as 90ºC. Under more normal conditions drain intervals of 1000 hours, or more, are possible. To maximize oil drain interval, consider using Irving Oil’s In-Service Oil Analysis program.
For significantly longer drain intervals, up to 9,000 hours, consider using Irving SYN COMPRESSOR OILS.
Irving COMPRESSOR OILS simplify the choice of lubricant where various types of air compressor are in service, including piston, vane, screw, scroll and lobe compressors. They are not suitable for use where gases other than air are being compressed.
- Non-zinc based additives package
- Does not contain dispersants
- Little tendency to foam & form emulsions
- Resists oxidation
- Reduces deposit formation
- Hydrovane rated to 7,000 hours
- Suitable for all types of air compressor
- Wide range of grades available
- Simplifies plant lubrication
- Excellent all-round performance
- Increased oxidation protection
- Superior thermal stability
- Excellent air and water separation
- Excellent wear protection
(please refer to infotech sheet for current grades, sizes and part numbers)